The people who are poorly controlled by diabetes are having a greater risk for dental problems.
Those people are more likely to have infections of their gums and the bones that hold their teeth in place because diabetes can reduce the blood supply to the gums.
If the person having high blood sugar it will also cause dry mouth and make gum disease worse. Then, less saliva will allow more tooth-decaying bacteria and plaque buildup. If you have good blood sugar control and proper dental care, you can avoid these problems. For any kind of dental problem click on dental clinic near velachery.
You should consult with a dentist if you:
- Have bleeding or sore gums
- Get infections often
- Have bad breath that won’t go away
- Have less saliva that causing your mouth to feel dry. If you have a dry mouth that may cause by certain medications also.
- As saliva is responsible to protect your teeth, so, you’re also at a higher risk of cavities.
- Your gums might become inflamed and bleed often (gingivitis).
- You might face difficulties while tasting the food.
- You might have experienced delayed wound healing.
- You might have susceptible to infections inside of your mouth.
- If any children having diabetes, then teeth may erupt at an age earlier than is typical.
- You must take good care of your gums and teeth.
- You must brush and floss at least twice a day.
- Don’t forget to rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash daily.
- You should get a dental checkup every 6 months.
- You must inform your dentist about your diabetes.
- Try to keep your blood sugar under control.
- If you having a habit of smoking, quit.
There might be possible care for the dental problem you have concerned with a dentist. You must have to follow some certain dos and don’ts. It always better if you consult at the early stage, so, the expert dentist can guide you the right way and can provide you the best possible treatment to get recover soon. So please make yourself for treatment if you are facing dental issue having Diabetes. For any kind of query click on Dental Clinic In Chennai Velachery.